Protection of Personal Information
Policy for the Protection of Personal Information
- The Company will comply with company rules concerning the appropriate acquisition, use, and provision of personal information in a manner that takes the nature and size of the business into consideration.
- The Company will undertake measures to prevent the leaking, destruction, or damage of personal information and, in the unlikely event that it does occur, will take swift corrective action.
- The Company will comply with the relevant laws and regulations, guidelines established by the national government, and other standards concerning the handling of personal information.
- The Company will respond promptly and in good faith to any inquiries from customers regarding personal information.
- The Company will continue to improve its mechanisms for the management of personal information.
Objectives of Use
Except in cases in which advance consent has been obtained from the information owner after specifying as far as possible the objective of use and in cases where it is permitted as an exception under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other relevant laws or regulations, personal information will be used within the scope of the following objectives of use:
- for the provision of information about and delivery of services, etc.;
- to confirm the identity of the information owner and for the preparation of documents at times of contract and purchase, etc.;
- for postage and transportation of products, materials, invoices, etc.
If the need arises to use personal information for a purpose other than the above objectives of use, the Company will first obtain consent of the information owner for such use, except in cases in which advance consent has already been obtained from the information owner and in cases where such use is permitted as an exception under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other relevant laws or regulations.
The Company entrusts certain operations to external contractors, and the handling of personal information is entrusted to those external contractors within the extent necessary.
Such cases will be managed appropriately according to laws and regulations and the criteria established by the Company.
Provision to Third Parties
Personal information obtained by the Company will not be disclosed to any third party whatsoever, with the exception of the following:
- if the consent of the information owner has been obtained;
- if it is necessary for the protection of people’s lives, physical safety, or property and it would be difficult to obtain the information owner’s consent;
- in other cases in which disclosure and provision is required pursuant to laws or regulations.
Disclosure, amendment, and cessation of use of registered information
To the extent that it would not disrupt the proper execution of operations, the Company will disclose personal information to the information owner at the owner’s request.
In such cases, the Company will undertake confirmation of identity according to its own established procedures.
If any of the content of the registered information disclosed to the information owner differs from the facts, the Company will amend it immediately.
In addition, if the information owner requests the cessation of use of their personal information, the Company will cease its use immediately.
Security of website, etc.
The Company takes every precaution in the management of personal information, but given the nature of the internet and e-mail, it is unable to completely guarantee the confidentiality of personal information.
Users are asked to take note of this point when using this website and sending e-mails to the Company.
This Policy for the Protection of Personal Information is subject to change without notice in the event of amendments of the relevant laws and regulations, changes to the Company’s policies, and other reasons.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us by one of the following methods.
HOUWA KOGYO Co., Ltd.
3-15-20 Rokuban, Atsuta-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan 456-0058